Neter Foods Red Organic Palm Oil buy here
Beetroot pickle juice
Neter foods umami powder (Dadawa) buy here
1 cup of vegetable or meat stock
- Scoop a cooking spoon of the palm oil into a frying pan and turn on the heat, once slightly hot, add the sliced onions and garlic. Fry till translucent.
- Add the sliced/chopped fresh tomatoes to the onions sauté till the tomatoes have slightly broken down.
- Add a teaspoon of Neter foods umami powder, 1 cup of vegetable or meat stock, salt cover the pot and allow to cook till sauce texture is achieved about 12 mins.
- Add about three table spoons of beetroot pickle juice to balance the tartness of the tomatoes and keep cooking on low heat.
- 2mins before taking the pot off the heat, add the fresh basil leaves and turn off heat.
- By now the texture should be like a sauce. Serve over pasta or rice or potatoes.